Having a ACA Accreditation means that Camp Brave Trails cares enough about creating a safe environment that we undergo a thorough review of our operations – from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. The American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at accredited camps reflect the most up-to-date, research based standards in camp operation. ACA accredited camps promote growth and fun in an environment committed to safety and camper well-being.
What are some of the ACA Standards?
- Training for staff to minimize 1:1 camper/staff interactions
- Goals for camp activities that are developmentally based
- Emergency transportation available for campers at all times
- First-aid facilities and trained medical staff on-site 24/7
- Staff are appropriately trained to lead programs
- Stringent staff hiring that includes application process, interview, reference verification, background check (criminal & sex offender)