Have some knowledge or a special skill you would like to teach our campers? We are looking for organizations, artists, activists, community leaders, and professionals to lead workshops focusing on various forms of leadership skill development. Workshops should be interactive, fun, and challenge campers to be more dynamic leaders. If you are a great facilitator with a passion for developing LGBTQ+ youth leaders , submit a workshop proposal!
[maxbutton id=”23″ url=”https://forms.gle/1dcueofzt5RmL2jh7″ ]
- Session 1 – California: June 20 – July 3, 2020
- Session 2 – California: July 8 – July 14, 2020
- Session 3 – California: July 19 – August 1, 2020
- Session 4 – Maryland: August 11- August 20, 2020
What is the deadline for workshop submissions?
Please submit your workshop by April 25, 2020
Please keep in mind your workshop must adhere to these requirements:
- Must be 21+ Years Old
- Understand that this is a volunteer commitment and you should should be able to transport yourself to & from camp.
- Submit your proposal by April 25th, 2020.
- Agree and abide by all Camp Brave Trails policies and the Workshop Presenter Contracts.
Where is camp?
- California Camp is an hour outside of Downtown Los Angeles in the Angeles National Forest.
- Maryland Camp is about an hour from the Baltimore International Airport.
What should I expect?
Workshop presenters are volunteers who come to camp for a couple of hours on a select date to present a workshop to our campers. Camp is a rustic environment and a mostly electronics free zone for our campers. You will be responsible for transporting yourself to and from camp. We will NOT be able to house you at camp for any amount of time.
Will I be compensated for my travel or time?
No, this is a 100% volunteer commitment. Our presenters volunteer out of the goodness of their hearts and for the passion of developing the next generation of LGBTQ leaders. We will shower you with gratitude!
What kind of workshop should I propose?
All workshops are an hour and a half long. Workshops should be very interactive, focus on leadership skill development, and fun (if the topic allows). Workshops should be relevant to LGBTQ+ youth lives and needs. We highly discourage lecture style workshops. Click here for examples.
Who will be my audience?
Your audience will be LGBTQ+ youth leaders, ages 12-18 and a few staff members. You can expect 10 – 20 youth (more or less) per workshop.